Duplicator Pro can push your backups to the Dropbox cloud service. All packages are initially built on the local server and then pushed upto Dropbox using its API services.
|Name/Notes||The storage name and optional notes about the local server path|
|Authorization||This process will validate your Dropbox account and allow for Duplicator to communicate with Dropbox. Once validated the name and email associatedwith the Dropbox account will be displayed in the ‘Authorization’ section. To cancel and remove the storage settings from Dropbox click the’Cancel Authorization’ button. This disassociates this storage provider with the Dropbox account.|
|Storage Folder||This is the folder on the Dropbox servers where packages will be stored. This should be unique for each web-site using Duplicator.|
|Max Packages||Specify the number of packages to keep in ‘Storage Folder’. Setting 10 will keep the last 10 packages. Set to 0 for no limit. It is recommendedto keep this number low. Storing too many packages can lead to space allocation issues.|
|Connection||Once your account as be ‘Authorized’ you can test the connection to make sure there are no interruptions. This can also be useful if youare experiencing issues with file uploads.|
- Create New Storage Provider: Duplicator > Storage > Add New
- Add Name and Notes and select Type: Dropbox
- Under Authorization: Click “Connect to Dropbox”
- Step 1 Click Authorize Dropbox
- This will open a new browser window/tab to dropbox.com
- Click the “Allow” Button and wait for Success Message
- Close the dropbox.com site window/tab and go back to Duplicators interface
- Under Authorization Step 2: Click the Finalize button
- Duplicator is now authorized to access the following Dropbox account
- Click the ‘Test Dropbox Connection’ button to validate data can be moved between systems.
- Finally Click the “Save Provider” button to save this Dropbox storage endpoint
Now when creating a new package or schedule you will check the box for this storage endpoint to be a location where the package (archive.zip and installer.php)will be transferred to after it has been created.