How to find my license key & activate it?
LOCATING YOUR KEY
When you purchase a product (Personal, Freelancer, Business, Gold) you will receive an email with your license key. Be sure to check your spam folder if you don’t receive an email within a few minutes of purchase.
You can also get your license key(s) by logging into your Duplicator Account.The user-name will be the e-mail you used to purchase the product. If your unable to retrieve your password at login pleasesubmit a help ticket
ACTIVATING YOUR KEY
Activation is very simple.
- Download, install and activate the plugin from your purchase email link or from your Duplicator Account.
- Goto: Duplicator Pro > Settings > Licensing > Enter your key and click activate.
Issue ANot Activating
How to solve license activation issues?
Solution 1Validation: Log in to your Duplicator Account. and check the license key number and validate your license count. If your key is valid and you have the proper count then proceed to the next step. If your license has expired then you will need torenew it. If you have maxed out your license count then you will need to remove a registered URL orupgrade your product to support additional licenses.
Solution 2Activation: Activation requires a connection to the duplicator.com servers, in some cases cache plugins or even web server caches can cause issues. In these cases try the followingoptions:
- Try to deactivate and reactivate your license a few times, waiting a minute or two between tries.
- Deactivate & reactivate the plugin from the WordPress admin plugins screen then try the key activation again.
- cURL: Duplicator Pro code communicates with duplicator.com via the PHP cURL library On your server, turn on the PHP cURL library, or ask your host company to do it for you.
Enabling CURL in Apache
1. Enabling CURL in Apache by configuring php.ini file:
A) Locate PHP.ini file, which is mostly in the server’s root folder or public_html then open the PHP.ini in a text editor
B) Search or find the ;extension=php_curl.dll with Ctrl+F and remove the semi-colon ‘;’ before it to activate it.
C) Save and Close PHP.ini with Ctrl+S and restart Apache
2. Enabling cURL in WAMP:
A) Left-click on the WAMP server icon in the bottom right of the screen.
B) PHP -> PHP Extensions -> curl.
3. Enabling CURL in Ubuntu:
A) Run the following command to install PHP CURL
sudo apt-get install php5-curl
B) Then, run this command to restart the Apache server
sudo service apache2 restart
Enabling CURL Using EasyApache on WHM:
1. Log in to WHM as the ‘root’ user.
2. Either search for “EasyApache” or go to Software > EasyApache
3. Scroll down and select a build option (Previously Saved Config)
4. Click Start “Start customizing based on profile”
5. Select the version of Apache and click “Next Step”.
6. Select the version of PHP and click “Next Step”.
7. Chose additional options within the “Short Options List”
8. Click Exhaustive Options List.
9. Find and select the option for cURL.
10. Click curl, and then click Save and Build.
- Networking: Check with your host to see if their servers can reach https://duplicator.com
- Contact Host: Contact your host or server admin and ask them to monitor what is happening when you click the license activate button. Specifically, ask if communication is getting blocked between your server and duplicator.com. If they observe nothing getting blocked on their side then proceed to the step below.
- IP Checks: Gather the following IP addresses by going to WordPress Admin > Duplicator Pro > Tools > General Tab > Server Settings > “Server IP”, “Outbound IP”, “Client IP”.If any are blank then contact your host or system network administrator as its located at the router layer, and we must have all of them in order to properly diagnosethe issue from our end. Note: If you on are a localhost server its possible you may see “::1” for “Server IP” and “Client IP”. If this is the case for localhost then providethe “Outbound IP”.Once you have all the IPs submit a ticket or reply to an existing ticket with all IP addresses. We will then checkto see if they are being blocked on the duplicator.com end. This is typically very rare although it can happen if your server’s IP has been placed on a blacklist of some kind.
Issue BFree Up License
How can I free up a license?
If you no longer want the product installed on a WordPress site use one of the following methods to free up it’s license:
Option 1Remove Plugin
From within plugin > Uninstall the plugin
Option 2Plugin Settings
From within plugin > Duplicator Pro > Settings/Licensing Tab > click Deactivate button.
Option 3duplicator.com Dashboard
Remove a registered URL via your Duplicator Account.
Never used the dashboard? Click the recover password link or submit a help ticket and we can get you access.
Steps to manage site URLs:
- Login to your dashboard
- Click View Licenses Link > Manage Sites Link
- Add/remove URLs that you need to manage licenses on
Issue CInvalid Message
How to resolve “Invalid or Rejected” notices on all my WordPress admin pages?