- Start: Go to Duplicator Pro > Tools > Templates and click on the Add New button
- Copy From: This is an optional step that will allow you to copy from an existing template
- Files: Apply any file filters to exclude specific files/directories/extensions
- Database: Apply any table filters that should not be included as part of the package
- Installer: Apply the installer setup values you would like to be applied to the package
- Save: Save the template by clicking the Save Template button.
- Start: Go to Duplicator Pro > Packages and click on the Create New button
- Template: The template you made in the step Create Template section above should be visible in the dropdown
- After selecting your template all of the values in the Archive and Installer section should reflect the values saved in the template
- To undo the applied template just select the [Unassigned] value and the package settings will default to its last created settings
Templates are also one of the key parameters when creating a schedule. Templates can be used to schedule a database backup every day and a full-site backup once a week. With templates, you have the flexibility to customize the contents of your package.