Ready to explore the power of Duplicator Pro’s Full Multisite Migration? Seamlessly transfer entire multisite installations, including content, settings, and more. Simplify the process of moving networks with precision and ease.
The capability to migrate a complete multisite is available across all editions of Duplicator Pro. Refer to this guide for more information about how various Duplicator Pro licenses manage different types of multisite migrations.
- Duplicator Lite does not support any type of migrations with Multisite setups.
- To see the Duplicator Pro plugin menu, you need to be navigating the Network admin.
- While creating a backup in a Multisite, you can see extra filters for subsites for the “Duplicator Pro – Pro” and “Duplicator Pro – Elite” licenses.
- The restoration process for Multisite contains additional mappings for subsites in all Pro versions.
- Advanced features for subsites or subsite to standalone are only supported in “Duplicator Pro – Pro” and “Duplicator Pro – Elite”
1- Create a Backup
- Click “Duplicator/Pro” > “Packages” > “Create New”
- Enter a package name
- In Archive > Multisite, make sure that all the sites are included in “Included Sub-Sites”
- Let the scanner run and validate the results
- Click the “Build” button to make a package
- Download the installer.php and the backup archive file.
Please refer to this guide for more information on how to create a backup.
2- Install the Backup
- You can use the Import Install or Classic Install methods to install the multisite backup.
- In Step 1, under “Install Type,” select “Restore multisite network” to apply the backup to an existing multisite setup, or opt for “Full install multisite network” to initiate a new multisite installation using the backup.
In some Multisite setups, a subsite will have its own separate domain name. For example, if the original main site is mydomain.com the subsites may bea.myotherdomain.com andb.myotherdomain.com but not a.mydomain.com and b.mydomain.com.
Subsites of the same domain will be rewritten to the new domain name by default but when they are in a different domain name you have to perform a special procedure. The way to handle this is to do the following:
- Installer Step 1 – Switch to the Advanced mode (upper right-hand corner)
- Installer Step 3 – Choose ‘Mapping’ for ‘Replace Mode’
- Installer Step 3 – Set the new URLs appropriately for each subsite
- Finish the installation process
Duplicator Pro’s multisite backup and migration capability stands as a robust feature. With Duplicator Pro – Pro and Duplicator Pro – Elite licenses, you can seamlessly migrate a subsite from your multisite setup to an independent website, and vice versa. Delve into these guides for comprehensive insights into these migration scenarios:
Multisite-Subsite > Standalone
Standalone > Multisite-Subsite
Multisite-Subsite > Multisite-Subsite – Different Network