Do you want to tailor your backup by choosing specific elements? With Custom Backups, you have the flexibility to select items such as:
- Website Database
- Core WordPress files
- All plugins or just active ones
- All themes or just active themes
- Media files
This guide simplifies the process of creating a Custom Backup in a few easy steps.
Note: Custom Backups are exclusively accessible for Pro and Elite licenses.
Creating a Custom Backup:
- Go to Duplicator Pro > Packages and click the Create New button.
- Under Archive > Files, select the Custom tab.
- Select the components you prefer.
- Click the Next button and continue the package build.
- When the package build completes, download the package (installer.php and archive.zip/daf) files.
Restoring the backup:
The Custom Backup includes only the components you select during the backup creation. When you install a Custom Backup on a target website, only the selected directories and database tables will be installed.
The existing directories and database tables in the target website won’t be removed. They will be overwritten by the files and database tables included in the backup.