Duplicator Pro can push your backups to the Google Drive cloud service. All packages are initially built on the local server and then pushed upto Google Drive using its API services.
|Name/Notes||The storage name and optional notes about the local server path|
|Authorization||This process will validate your Google Drive account and allow for Duplicator to communicate with Google Drive. Once validated the name and emailassociated with the Google Drive account will be displayed in the ‘Authorization’ section. To cancel and remove the storage settings fromGoogle Drive click the ‘Cancel Authorization’ button. This disassociates this storage provider with the Google Drive account.|
|Storage Folder||The folder on the Google Drive servers where packages will be stored. This should be unique for each web-site using Duplicator.If the directory path above is already in Google Drive before connecting then a duplicate folder name will be made in the same path. This is becausethe plugin only has rights to folders it creates.|
|Max Packages||Specify the number of packages to keep in ‘Storage Folder’. Setting 10 will keep the last 10 packages. Set to 0 for no limit. It is highlyrecommendedto keep this number low. Storing too many packages can lead to space allocation issues.|
|Connection||Once your account as be ‘Authorized’ you can test the connection to make sure there are no interruptions. This can also be useful if youare experiencing issues with file uploads.|
- Create New Storage Provider: Duplicator > Storage > Add New
- Add Name and Notes and select Type: Google Drive
- Under Authorization: Click “Connect to Google Drive”
- Step 1: Click Authorize Google Drive
- This will open a new browser window/tab to accounts.google.com
- If you have multiple Google accounts then choose the account you would like to use
- Click the ‘Allow’ button and copy the long code generated.
- Step 2: Go back to Duplicators interface and paste the code into the input titled Step 2
- Step 3: Click the ‘Finalize Setup’ button
- Duplicator is now authorized to access the following Google Drive account
- Click the ‘Test Google Drive Connection’ button to validate data can be moved between systems.
- Finally Click the “Save Provider” button to save this Google Drive storage endpoint
Now when creating a new package or schedule you will check the box for this storage endpoint to be a location where the package (archive.zip and installer.php)will be transferred to after it has been created.